Academic Council Award
The CHA Academic Council Award was established in 2013 to highlight the value placed on academic excellence and achievement by our institution. The award is meant to recognize members of our community who have made significant contributions to excellence in academic spheres including education, research, scholarship or mentorship. One or more individuals may be honored in any given year.
This award for academic excellence is broadly construed to encompass any number of areas of distinction including:
- Superb teaching of students, trainees or colleagues
- Design and/or implementation of innovative curricula and/or assessment methodologies
- Design or administration of excellent training programs
- Excellence in supervision or mentorship
- Research impact in any domain including clinical, basic science, healthcare systems or policy
- Scholarly impact (i.e. publications/presentations)
Eligibility, Nomination and Review Process
Anyone within the Cambridge Health Alliance community may nominate a candidate for the CHA Academic Council Award.
Nominees must be from within the CHA community, and their academic impact must extend beyond CHA. This award is intended for mid-career CHA faculty or staff; those within 5 years of completing training or in the late phase of their career are not eligible. Nominees with academic appointments at Harvard Medical School or Tufts University School of Medicine should show appropriate and timely engagement in medical school promotion/ advancement processes. Close consideration will be given to candidates whose academic work aligns with CHA’s strategic direction (search for “strategic plan” on Staffnet).
The Selection Committee is appointed by the Director of Professional Development and the Chief Academic Officer who co-chair Selection Committee meetings.
Each honoree will be celebrated the award reception on Monday, June 18th with the CHA community. Recipients’ names will be inscribed on a plaque prominently displayed in the institution.
To submit, click the "Submit a Nomination" button on the top right. Please limit all nominations to less than 2 pages.The Selection Committee may contact finalist candidates for additional information and a copy of their CV. All nominations are due by Friday, March 30th.
For any additional questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Academic Council Awardees
Previous recipients (listed below) may not be nominated:
- 2013: David Hirsh, Lior Givon, Rachel Stark, Karen Hacker
- 2014: Monica Demasi, Allen Shaughnessy, Danny McCormick, Diya Kallivayalil
- 2015: Rebecca Drill, Mark McGovern, Sandra DeJong, Kathe Miller
- 2016: Zev Schuman-Olivier, Jamie Barrett, Rob Marlin, Andrea Gordon
- 2017: Wes Boyd, Honor McNaughton, Priyank Jain